Cloud of Sparrows


I will always be mesmerized by Japanese history and its people.

In fact, majority of my books are fictional stories of ancient and medieval Japan. And one of my favorites among these is Cloud of Sparrows by Takashi Matsuoka.

A great book should transport you in time through its effective imagery and fascinating storytelling. And Takashi was able to achieve it with this book.

Cloud of Sparrows is a magnificent adventure set in Japan featuring an array of geishas, samurais and Japanese noble men of feudal clans. Told from a Japanese perspective, the story is set years after Western influences invaded Japan after having been closed for many centuries.

Its a good thing that Takashi decided to make a sequel for this book titled Autumn Bridge.

I’ve yet to read that one, if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a copy.

Comments

Popular Posts