Watch: Bangkok Traffic (Love) Story

Girl feels alone because all her friends are getting married. During one unfortunate accident, she meets a guy and falls in love with him. Guy doesn't notice her and seems not interested. Following a friend's advise, she stalks him and finally, after a series of almost meet ups and mishaps, he invites her to spend the holidays with him.  

Then she learns that he has to leave to study abroad. Before he leaves, he sends over a box  filled with memorable items he has collected from their short time together. She realizes she's willing to take a risk with a long distance relationship. She runs to the airport only to find out that his flight has already left. 

Girl to her friend: If this was a love story, shouldn't I have been on time? 

The story's a little bit loose.  The direction a little sloppy, but it has it's charming moments and funny lines.  Overall, a passable rom-com for those not too picky with their cinematic experiences.

I do not know why I cried watching this movie. Maybe it's because I can relate to the part about realizing too late that you are willing to take a risk and set aside your fears only to find out that the chance has skipped you moments earlier. 

This is the reason why I always advise my friends to take a chance on love and be adventurous in their relationships. 

I don't want them to regret anything because they have been so afraid to get hurt. 

Love is a risk. And we all get a fair 50-50 chance of being happy. We do a lot of stupid things for less.  

"We have loved ones not because we need to always be with them but because we need to feel loved." - Bangkok Traffic (Love) Story

When I was younger, I have always believed that being with each other is the be all and the end all of a relationship. What's the use of being together if you can't be with each other? Now I've realized that one's presence does not guarantee everlasting love.  That we can love a person even if they are thousand of miles away. Because love exist by itself, inspite of distance and absence. 

This I've learned too late. I'm certain that knowing what I know now, being the person I am today, I would choose differently and do the exact opposite.

I could have been happy (or not). Either way, I would have known for sure and found peace with my decision.  Beats having those sleepless nights thinking "What if?"

I got over it, sure.  But I would have given everything to spare myself of those painful thoughts and troubling moments.  Unfortunately, by the time maturity won over idealism, time have passed and an opportunity has been lost.

Regrets indeed, are for the things we didn't do. 

And this movie, although a comedy, reminded me of that.

Comments

Popular Posts