Toast to the Year that Was

The year 2008 has just ended and I still haven't decided on what would be my holiday post. Now I figured instead of my usual rants, I would instead try to be an angel and count my blessings instead. So here goes my top moments for 2008:

At Work: The decision to separate from Magsaysay was an unforgetable experience. Thank God that the stressful weeks are all over and done with. The new and improved office building is a blast and all the new employees that I was able to meet and get to know this year.

The very first Odfjell Bowling Tournament where my team (Red) placed second. I may not be much of an athlete but I can be pretty competitive when I want to, so Green Team, better watch out.

I was able to go and visit our Head Office in Norway this year. Though I was only there for a couple of days, it has been a socially and culturally enlightening experience. Now I realize that I can never survive with just salads and soups for lunch and dinner.

Being a part of the ROI (Return of Investment) Champions. This one is a serious one. Though it may seem as an additional task "awarded" to me, i still feel happy that I was entrusted with this project. At least I can be able to divert my attention from my usual work to a new more challenging work. Yes, all work. But hey, counting my blessings right?

At Home: My sister graduated with honors this March. This came as a surprise as she almost didn't make it. Now we can all heave a sigh of relief. And although she is still "lito" as to what she wants, at least she can now make real life blunders without messing up her studies.

My tita celebrated 20 years of being together and renewed their wedding vows. Hurray, for married couples!

A chance to see all my family again in our yearly reunion. And although they still continue to pester me with their personal questions, I am just glad that they are so intrigued and entertained by my lovelife. Clearly, I have the capacity to make some people happy.

My cousins Paolo and Yana whom I have not seen in almost a year came here a day after Christmas and is here with us during the holidays. One of the best Christmas gifts ever.

After years of planning, the reunion with my highschool friends finally came true. At last, we were able to adjust our schedules to meet, get together and celebrate. Note to self: Burn those ugly highschool photos :-)

I know that there are still a lot of great moments for 2008. And although I may not be able to remember them all, I was just glad to be able to sit down and remember, to look back and laugh at the memories, the challenges and at myself. As with my new year message:

For the pains and joy of 2008, to a happier and livelier 2009...

Happy New Year Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts