Books, Lovers and Old Men


I would consider myself one of the best bargain book hunters, I was able to get a copy of Love Story by Erich Segal for only 10 pesos at a local bookstore. I was so giddy that I was able to read the entire book on my way home. I admit, I was a sucker for sad endings. There is no love story more romantic to me than those with sad endings...City of Angels, Anna and the King, At First Sight not to mention Casablanca.

Imagine being 25, full of life, love and hope and then suddenly dying. I cannot... i know that years from now, when i reach 25, I would probably ask myself, am I ready to die? I think not... no one's ready to die... I have always believed that no matter how miserable you get and how depressed you are, you don't wish death. Its not something we want to experience, not when we believe that we have yet to experience the best in life. Not even, say... I'm already married, found the man of my dreams and have hordes of children and grandchildren. Not that i plan to have those by 25...

As for the book, read it. Buy it, borrow it, steal it from a friend!
Its worth it...

*It's funny how we always try to make a good impression on someoneby trying to be smart but only end up looking funny...

Comments

Popular Posts