LOVE and HOLIDAYS



I love LOVE ACTUALLY.

Its one of the films I would gladly watch over and over again. In fact I have promised myself to watch it every Christmas. It's an affirmation that LOVE exists, in whatever form. That it doesn't have to be a romantic love or a passionate one. It exists in all forms and its everywhere. It was fun catching it on Star Movies too, especially this Holidays. Watching it reminded me what this season is really all about... LOVE. And, while I may not have the resources(pera) to give some tangible proof of that love (as in regalo/gifts/presents), I resolved to give LOVE instead. And isn't it the greatest gift of all? I am particularly touched when, instead of the usual christmas text greeting, i get ILUVU instead. Its kind of sweet and special to hear that from friends and long lost acquaintances. and, although it may sound corny (esp. coming from me) I think that we deserve to be truly truthful this Christmas. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling your friend you love him/her, texting your officemate or a relative. You can even get away in sending ILUVU messages to your crushes since its Christmas.


Just like in the movie where the guy goes to the girls house with this written message:

With any luck by next year...
I'll be going out with one of these girls (pictures of beautiful supermodels)
But for now, let me say
Without hope or agenda
Just because it's Christmas(And at Christmas you tell the truth)
To me, you are perfect.
And my wasted heart will love you
Until you look like this (picture of mummy)
Merry Christmas
(from "Love Actually")

and you have to accept that its endearing, amusing and truthful. And you don't have to wrap it.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Comments

Popular Posts