Open Ended

disclaimer: This is not a fantasy... this is a true story

I was on my way to meet a friend last sunday... nakasakay ako ng jeep. me fine arts student-looking guy na sumakay. At first, nasa kabilang end sya, then he transferred next to me.
My initial reaction was to hug my bag thinking, he must be a goodlooking holdaper. The next thing i know eto na ang scenario:

Cute na guy (na kamukha ni Matt Evans): Miss...
ako: "Huh?"(sabay talikod)
cng: "Miss, puede ko ba makuha number mo?"
ako: "Bakit?" (tingin sa kanya, then talikod)
cng: (with his cellphone in his hands, hands clasp together like in prayer) "sige na miss, Please"

I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that majority of the people in there were somehow "neighbors", i would have given him my number. It was so easy for me to blurt out those numbers but I was overcome with "hiya". You know how sucker I was for romantic meetings and unexpected beginnings. Still, part of me doubts the sincerity of those spontenuous meetings.
Looking back, I was thankful that I had that one time experience but at the same time regret that I have not lived up to my expected reaction.
This could have had a diffrent ending...

"Minsan mahirap maging dalagang Pilipina..."

Additionals:

" I didn't know if i could have been happy or miserable... but looking back, I would give everything now just to know for sure. There is so much pain in wondering, because you realize that you have missed the best that you could ever imagine."

Comments

Popular Posts