A Visit to HO

I was fortunate enough to be sent to our Head Office in Bergen, Norway for a training.  Yes, I hate flying, and just the fact that the distance I have to travel (based on the office map) is enough to turn my head upside down,  I admit that I am curious and excited.

The travel was a blast, I have never seen a more exciting airport.  The training as a whole was OK, if not a little boring.  The place looks like a Christmas Card complete with the mistletoe smelling air.  The people are great, the sights are refreshing to my senses. The food though, needs improvement.  In all my travels, I am always excited in trying out the food.  However, for this one, I was slightly dissapointed.  I line up in the canteen and all I see are breads, cheese, ham, tuna, milk, etc. Appetizers right?  So I was looking forward to the main course but I was informed that the main course usually is either a soup or a salad.  Yes, just those two, in alternating schedule.  Thank God there was Burger King there!


We went to the Santa House and also bought some pasalubong.  Not so much Asians there.  In fact, I haven't seen any other Filipino.  But as we were boarding the plane back home via Amsterdam, we met a couple of Filipino seamen who insists that we were either domestic helpers or nurses (really?  and we thought discrimination is done by other races).  Still, it was a very educational experience for me.  Plus I so looooove the chocolates there...

Comments

Popular Posts