I'm Claiming My Heart Back



I've been in a lot of places and I can definitely say that there are places that make you smile and places that simply take your heart away. Bohol, took my heart away and I have been trying to claim it back ever since.

Nevermind that it's hot. Nevermind that its just the two of us and we didn't have an idea on what to expect. Nevermind that we didn't know anyone there and we didn't speak their language. Nevertheless, it was glorious, it was breathtaking and nearly perfect.

I don't need to mention the sights... a little research would let you know that Bohol is the place of the Chocolate Hills, the tarsier and the Baclayon Church (one of the oldest in the country). I very much wanted to focus on the people and the tourism industry there that is probably one of the most organized I have experienced so far.

The people in Bohol are just so kind and entertaining. I admit that they maybe hard to understand at times but they more than make up for it in their eagerness to help. I know I shouldn't tell the story of how I backed out from crossing the hanging bridge, but I'd like to make a point. afterall, it only reinforces the reason why I should go back. I was so afraid that a certain kuya there offered to hold my hand and accompany me in crossing the bridge. I bet I wouldn't find a man like that in Manila.

Another experience worth mentioning is the food. We feasted on the native sweets that they have, and being a coffee lover that I am, I cannot pass on the opportunity to try the "corn coffee". It was good. I was also surprised that it didn't have the usual coffee effect of making me hyper. Really, this just proves to show how inventive and creative we can be.

And of course, how could I end this one without thanking the good people who made our stay there possible. To the family and friends who welcome us there and even invited us to come back. I sure am grateful and to be honest, a little envious. I wish I had a place like that to call my home. Until my next visit...

Comments

Popular Posts