Hate Bridge


I hate bridges.  Which for me is weird since one of my fondest childhood memories consist of walking on top of the Altura, Sta. Mesa overpass with my dad and seeing the bright lights of the metro at night. 

I really can't explain it.  I am not afraid of heights.  I can appreciate the view from the top floor of any building and I frequently take planes so I am quite certain that I can handle high altitudes.  However, being suspended in the air (cable car, bungee jumping, overpass, and yes, even bridges) freaks me out.  In fact, when people invite me to travel, the first question that I ask is:  Do we have to pass a moving bridge?  Especially if its trekking or mountain climbing because I'd hate to have to return halfway from my destination just because I can't cross a freaking bridge.  You really have to knock me out and carry me, otherwise I'd be stranded there indefinitely. 

So I am so mad that the MMDA invented this pink, green or whatever colored, unstable-looking steel bridges. I sometimes have to ask myself if  I'd really risk being run over by a car than spend 15 minutes or so in utter fear, paranoia and discomfort. 

MMDA, please bring back the old overpass.  Not only are they much more durable and respectable to look at but they also spare freaks like me the unecessary pain and distress.

Comments

Popular Posts