The Goddess in Manila

 My sister and I scored some fancy seats to Kylie Minogue’s Aphrodite Concert at the Araneta and it was a blast!


For me, Kylie is certainly the next best thing after Madonna. She has been able to stay in the industry for a long time and she is just getting fiercer and sexier.

Her concert is certainly one of the best I have seen so far. My sister also watched Miley and for her Miley’s a 2 compared to Kylie’s 10 plus.


She has pulled out all the stops for this concert (No wonder it costs 15K for the VIP seats). From her Grecian inspired stage, to her golden horse to her costumes.  All are in sync with her goddess theme.

She has interacted with the audience beautifully, even receiving flowers and granting a request of “Especially for You” and singing “Locomotion”.


And when she sang her signature dance songs “Spinning Around” and “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”, the crowd went wild!

I have been to some concerts in Araneta but this is certainly one of the most party oriented crowd I have ever experienced.  Everyone was up from their seats and dancing.

Groups of gays came in glittering costumes. I didn’t know that Kylie was a such a gay icon. For a while I thought it was Beyonce or Lady Gaga who holds that crown.


Overall, it was such a great show. Not to mention the super macho dancers who, although my boss insists are mostly gay, are a marvel to look at.

This was one hell of a show and it was all worth it.

Now it’s just Beyonce that I’m waiting for.
__________________________________________________________

It rained hard and it was traffic all over Manila that afternoon and I feared being late for the 8pm start. Luckily I made it in time.

Anne Curtis though, had to ride the MRT to catch the concert and she posted this picture on her twitter account.

I ride the MRT sometimes but even in my best days, I didn’t look half as pretty and thrilled as her.

Maybe its just my sarcastic self, but I think Anne needs to experience riding the train going to work on a rush hour to really get a 100% experience.

Bet she might not be as happy then in her picture.

Comments

Popular Posts