SuperMOM

I have been at so many times in the past, been pestered by my mom regarding my lovelife or lack thereof (see previous post here).  And my single friends also complain of the same thing from their matchmaking, overly excited parents.  But this mother is certainly the most ingenious one so far.

Imagine this...

She starts a website to find matches for her son.


See excerpts here from the NY Times article titled "Marry My Boy":

She's taken meddling motherhood to a whole new level.

Geri Brin is so anxious to marry off her 31-year-old son, Colby, she's launched a Web site where she and other parents can find perfect matches for their single kids.

"I've been fixing my son up for about five years," said Geri, an Internet entrepreneur who works with Colby on the Upper East Side.

Colby is not at all surprised by his mother's latest project.
Geri and son Colby of the site Date My Single Kid
"One thing about my mom," Colby joked, "she has perseverance. I can picture her on her death bed . . . choking out the words, 'Colby, did you call that girl?' before fading into darkness."

"Literally," he said, "if she hears of a single woman, she'll mention it to me. It's almost like a synapse in her brain that's been conditioned to automatically fire."

Besides Geri's personal interest in the site, she believes it's a unique business opportunity.

"I thought, yeah, I'm starting a whole Web site and investing hundreds of thousands of dollars just to fix my son up," she laughed.

So far, she's attracted 20 parents and their adult kids to sign up. One of them is Susan Grant, a merchandising manager for a jewelry showroom. She said the beauty of the site is that it's the moms doing the setting up.

"All the kids have to do is roll their eyes and blame mom for getting them involved," she said.

There is such an advantage to this one.  First, you can be sure that his mom is supportive of the relationship.  And she is part of the ...process, she is guaranteed to be a very ... in law.

Though I have to say, any son/daughter who encourages his/her mom on this crazy scheme has got to be a whole level crazier.
Now I thank God for the mom I have!

Comments

Popular Posts