Intervention Needed

I had a funny moment during the audit yesterday.

The auditors (yes, there's 2 of them and 1 of me) asked about our vessel familiarization procedure.  I answered that it stopped due to the recent changes in the Imigration Department's management with some other details I am not so sure about.  Luckily my boss chose that time to appear and come to my rescue explaining that the new Head of Imigration has suddenly prohibited any personnel aside from the crew and their wives to board the vessel.

I was so happy with being rescued that I was dumbfounded when he added "But my staff has been very uncooperative with me".  He then continued with "Because there's actually a work around it... they can always marry the crew". 

Although I know that he's just joking, I of course quickly answered 'That is not an option"  and then, upon realizing that both the auditors are Captains, I restated "That is not an option, at the moment" and smiled.

Once again, my uncooperative sense of censorship has allowed me to blurt what's on my mind without thinking of the consequences.  I was just so relieved that no one was offended by my comment. 

Note to self: Learn how to take a joke and next time, better shut up :-)

Comments

Popular Posts