The Manny from Manila


You want my opinion? Here it is...

I am proud that Manny won. And with all the efforts he put into his training plus all that pain and bruises, he sure deserved it.

Sadly, I am not that convinced.

I guess my expectations are so big, I myself doesn't know how to downsize it.

As with every Filipino, I was not even interested in the fight. I was just waiting for the news that he won (much better if its thru KO).

And there goes the problem.

I don't remember who said:

"Expectation is the mother of dissapointment"
We all expected Manny to be aggressive, to be ruthless and to breeze through the fight and dominate Marquez being the relentless fighter that he is.  Hell, I am even expecting Marquez to just lie there, with Manny dancing and wait for the 1st round to finish.

I guess, even the good ones have their bad days.

The only consolation is that with Manny, even in his bad days, he kicks ass. He clearly is the better boxer, no argument in that.

But do I believe that he won this last fight?  I am yet to be convinced...

Comments

Popular Posts