Holidate

I have come across the term “Holidate” from the an article in the Huff Post yesterday. And since this season is one of the dreaded ones in my calendar (next to Valentines day), I figured I better find some sort of sanity in dealing with my lack of special someone this Christmas.

My family and friends have always treated my singleness as a mystery that they have to unravel.  Or more like a disease they need to cure.

At times I find it funny if not downright amusing and ridiculous. But on sensitive times of the year (like this one), I find it annoying and stressful.

Lord knows I have tried everything from feigning ignorance to sarcasm, and even some dash of bitchiness.

But they never stop.

I on the other hand, have stopped wondering why they do this. Now, I am just glad to give them some reason to be entertained. Afterall, I aim to please.

Then I found this article that shows just how creative and ingenious (or maybe a bit desperate) some people can be in trying to survive the holidays.

The term is "Holidate".  See example below:



And how do I plan to survive this season?  Maybe I can try going on the offensive this time:

Someone:  Di ka ba pressured at single ka pa rin?
Me: Pressured? Mas nakaka pressure siguro kung panget ako. Ikaw di ka ba pressured? :-)

Comments

  1. I experience something like this, not in the family but in a different place. As if my being single is a huge statement. It bothers me that time. So what I did is I find a boyfriend for me. :D Just asked a bestfriend to be a boyfriend in the meantime. But then I realize, somehow I miss that attention, (because even I was so annoyed, I got used to it)

    It’s so sad to be alone. But that waiting would be worth it once you find the perfect partner for you. I mean not really perfect, but something that really fit or molds with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts