Watch: NKOTBSB



I have to give credit to my friend’s formidable persuasive power as the reason for me being in a “sweating distance” from these boys.


Representing the music from my generation, the Backstreet Boys are back in Manila for a concert with New Kids On The Block.
Me and the best BSB enthusiast I know
Held at the newly built Mall of Asia arena, last night transported me back my pimple filled days of early love, heartaches and addictive pop music.


Shirtless Donnie... cool off muna BSB


The audience was a mix of the late 70’s and early 80’s generation. And while most are women (in groups), there are some guys present hoping to score some “macho but sensitive points” with their wives and girlfriends.


The show was filled with dance tunes and some romantic ballads that seem to turn these screeching and screaming out-of-control middle aged women to mush.


Can't believe this crowd is crazy
It’s amazing how music can transport you to a significant moment in your life.  Growing up, these are the things that we think and talk about. The same songs that represent our generation’s ideals and thoughts. These are the songs we dance, cry, argue and love with. 


And while I respect and admire the music of Rihanna, Katy Perry and Justin Bieber, their music can never equal the music of my youth.
The Ultimate Fan
I used to wonder what kind of people still watch the concerts of “has beens” like James Taylor, Wilson Phillips and Tears for Fears.


Now I do.

Comments

Popular Posts