Watch: Game of Thrones

“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.”
I am amazed by how I love this series. 

Based on George R.R. Martin’s novel, A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones is not your typical fantasy drama.

The show features the powerplay and interaction between Westeros’ most prominent families – the Starks, Baratheon, Lannisters and other noble houses.

Focusing on themes of honor, love and family, Game of Thrones explores the layers of deceit and betrayal these families endure to ensure their hold on power.  This is medieval politics at its scandalous best.

I also liked that it features strong women characters like Daenerys, Arya and Lady Catelyn. 

Robb Stark
Personally, I just love to look at Robb (played by actor Richard Madden). Dark hair, blue eyes and that heart melting Scottish accent… What’s not to like?

Lord Eddard Stark

Ned: You think my life is such a precious thing to me, that I would trade my honor for a few more years...of what?... I grew up with soldiers. I learned how to die a long time ago


I have yet to watch the new season, but with a plot and characters this scandalous and twisted, Season 2 promises to be an explosion of intrigue and so much more. 

Comments

Popular Posts