Two Thousand and Twelve




For all of you who are now reading this,  I guess it would be because you have managed to stay away from “Bin Laden” and still have your 10 fingers.

Yehey for that!

2012 has been a “low key” year for me.  A year filled with boring escapades and inconspicuous experiences.

Work has been busy.  I visited Singapore to do the audit, stayed in a different hotel this time and met with a friend there. 


Some new projects accomplished.  Had a few trainings and met some colleagues from the same industry. I got introduced to the organization Kaya Natin which has made me more interested to do some volunteer works.

Home was a little bit exciting.  A big blessing has been my sister’s foray into the world of beauty and madness (i.e beauty pageants) and winning.  Not to mention the various academic awards she has won.  Thank God, no one got weirdly sick or died.

I’ve met a lot of wonderful people and did a lot of crazy but memorable things.  Read a lot of books, which has always been my goal.

Climbed Mt. Batulao with friends, and I have also started joining my sisters to do jogging (or walking the dogs) during weekends.


I watched the Backstreet Boys/NKOTB reunion concert with a fellow fanatic which I would say was one of the top moments of my year.

Got invited to attend the Leadership/Followership Training program where I got to experience some paintball exercises with my office buddies.

On a grander scale, our country has been ravaged by disasters, natural and manmade.  We had a lot of controversies politically like the impeachment and the RH bill.  Plagiarism would be the crime of the year and Sotto, its mascot. We had our share of celebrity scandals, champion ballers, boxers and beauty queens.  For the Catholics, we can now boast of having our 2nd homegrown saint.

The Mayans predicted the end of the world, luckily albeit being stressed and looking harassed, we are still alive and kicking.

Overall, I would have to say that my 2012 lacked its usual notoriety.  There is something to be said for living a safe and boring life, but that's my life.

It would probably be my new year’s resolution to make this year an exciting and an intriguing one for a change.

Comments

Popular Posts