Watch: Samurai X



Is it possible to fall in love with a movie?

I just did.

I’d never thought that I would ever see a live action version of my favorite cartoon series Samurai X.  Exclusively released by SM cinema, I made sure that I watch it the first week.
 
I was just so glad that I did.  And this movie delivered on so many level:
 
1.     Perfect casting for the males – Kenshin, Sanosuke, Saito



2.   The story arc told just the right amount of Kenshin’s history for us to discover his past life but also left us wanting for more

3.   The action sequences were AMAZING.  And Kenshin’s transition from being a good for nothing wanderer to the fierce legendary samurai is superb.  And his swiftness is so believable too.


Although frankly, I would have wanted it to be dubbed in English (I hate subtitles).  But I guess, releasing it in its original language makes it much more authentic and faithful to its origin.
 
I just hope that the producers had the good sense to make a part 2.  Please, please...

Comments

Popular Posts