Watch: Before Midnight



I know its crazy to be this excited about a movie, but give me a break.

It's been 10 years since Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy showed us the beauty of using public transpo and the sweet magic of first meetings.

This movie actually made me and a lot of friends believe that riding trains are a good way to meet someone.

Only here, that someone is not as cool, good looking and sweet smelling as Ethan Hawke.

And there's always the risk of meeting a psycho.

For the longest time, Before Sunrise and Before Sunset represented to me an opportunity.  The chance to meet someone at random and feel that unexplainable bond.  Or the likelihood of unexpectedly reconnecting with someone you had an intense experience with.

Now I know that it doesn't happen in real life.

Still, I grew up inspired by these movies.  And to learn that a third installment is on its way felt like a validation of all the hopes and experiences I had as influenced by these characters.

And now, I am finally watching them evolve as I have evolved.  Are they as charmingly candid as my younger self thought them to be?

Now I can find out.

And to learn that this series was actually inspired by a real person?  Read the sad and surprising story here.

Let me just say that I felt like I died and went to heaven.  That or a younger Ethan Hawke just boarded my bus and asked for my number.

Comments

Popular Posts