Watch: Game of Thrones - Red Wedding


HBO just stabbed my heart and fed it to the wolves.

What would probably be deemed as the most horrific and unsettling episode in my existence is all HBO's fault.  I mean, they could have done it differently for their audience since this is the TV adaptation.

But they didn't.

For a while, I was left unbreathing and stunned by what just happened.

All the Starks, slaughtered?

I can understand the need for killing well loved characters - to build up suspense and make way for new ones.  And I have a very high tolerance for gritty and action packed violent scenes.

But GOT has the habit of killing our MOST favorite characters, and in the most unsettling ways.

And to kill the wolf as well?

I just hope that no animals were harmed in the filming of that scene.

If there is one thing I've learned, its that in life as well as in TV - Look, enjoy but never, ever get too attached or fall in love.

And I am never, ever falling in love again with a TV character.

I am so broken, I am not so sure how to end this post.

I think I will just go and get myself some chocolates to appease my bleeding heart.

I hope the sweetness eases my agony as I await the next season.
_________________________________________________________

People say that George RR Martin's creativity is fueled by our tears and his character's blood, so let us hear it from the man himself on his thoughts on the two kinds of writers:


I’ve always said there are – to oversimplify it – two kinds of writers. There are architects and gardeners. The architects do blueprints before they drive the first nail, they design the entire house, where the pipes are running, and how many rooms there are going to be, how high the roof will be. But the gardeners just dig a hole and plant the seed and see what comes up. I think all writers are partly architects and partly gardeners, but they tend to one side or another, and I am definitely more of a gardener. In my Hollywood years when everything does work on outlines, I had to put on my architect’s clothes and pretend to be an architect. But my natural inclinations, the way I work, is to give my characters the head and to follow them.
That being said, I do know where I’m going. I do have the broad outlines of the story worked out in my head, but that’s not to say I know all the small details and every twist and turn in the road that will get me there.

A conversation with Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin.

Comments

Popular Posts