The High and Mighty Overshares

I think it's time we ask ourselves some questions if we start breeding these kinds of daughters.

The first one is the daughter of Hong Kong's current Chief Executive:
 
 
 
And of course, our very own poster child for living the high life:


I can understand, to a certain degree, the need to show off.  After all, I am a blogger. And  we are a product of a society that worships social media. 

In fact, we can claim to have modernly  redefined the word “share”  to include everything.  Everything – from food, outfit, purchases, conversations, to relationships – are exhaustively tracked and updated.  We have been obsessed with trying to record every microscopic detail of our lives.
 
But for what purpose?  I can assure you that years ago, anyone who would be so interested in knowing about your breakfast and the color of your toothbrush are people you would probably file a restraining order against. 
 
But now, we get so high with being followed not only by our friends and families but also by strangers.  I bet you feel flattered when people say they google you. Right? 
 
And the issue here is not just about oversharing.  It is living a high life at other's expense and not even being a bit shy about flaunting it.

It hurts my head just thinking about it.

Maybe, I should start looking for answers instead.

Comments

Popular Posts