Of Wrinkles and Worries

This year is ending and with it the happy, crazy, weird and melodramatic memories that go with it.
 
I’m afraid I will not be able to list all the important moments of my life here and you’d probably not be interested.
 
But if there are things I’d remember this year by, these are…
  • Be thankful for good friends.
  • Life is too short to be miserable.
  • Make an effort to connect and work on your relationships because in the end, that is what really matters.

Someone told me that you can never be truly rich until you have something money can’t buy.
 
And for me, family is up there on that list.
 
Speaking of family...
 
I have been given a cute but wrinkly gift this Christmas.  My first ever nephew who goes by the name Blythe Gabrian.
 


According to my sister, Blythe means "happy and without worry".  Truth is she named him after her fictional crush Gilbert Blythe from Anne of the Green Gables series.

Gabrian means  "God's able-bodied one".

How I wish that he will indeed have nothing to worry about.
Speaking of worries, I have read that the stress caused by frequent worrying can cause the following:

1.  Elevated blood pressure which we all know can lead to all sorts of heart diseases.

2.  Digestive disorders.

3.  Depression.

4.  Baldness (yes, it's true)

5.  Stupidity

6. Infertility


I do not know anyone who is not afraid to be bald and/or stupid.

And I did not realize that worrying about not having children might cause you NOT to have children!
So I have resolved not to waste my time worrying especially over things I cannot control.
I'm wishing you all a worry free new year ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts