"Potential" Investment

I find it funny how some smart and independent women  find ways to creatively look for "Mr. Right".  Just take this article from Huffpost where an ad executive promised to pay $10,000 to the person who introduces her to her future husband, stating:

"If I wanted a new job, would I sit in the lobby of an employer's building just hoping that someone would offer me my dream job?  No. If I want a husband, will he just show up out of thin air and ask me to hang out with him for the rest of his life?  No."

And while being a Filipina means that some of us still dream of being courted and expect men to make the first move, I am all for being practical and proactive.

In fact, let me direct you to one of my earlier post about a mother who created a website to find women to date his son.  An example of a loving mother but a scary future mother in law.

Not to mention the various "specialized" dating websites which feature people who share a love for salads, clowns, hot sauce and even those for prison inmates.





And my personal favorite:


Assisted by current apps supposedly to help us navigate the dating scene and find a "potential partner":


What about this deluded surgeon's outrageous requirements in a woman (that was the title, trust me).

Or the ever caring dad who would pay billions to guy who marries his lesbian daughter.

With these weird and inventive ways to meet "the one"it is a wonder why a lot of us remain single.

Maybe I need to put my hard earned P10,000 to good use.

What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts